There are a large number of recipes that you can prepare with lobsters. Well, if you want to serve your guests with a unique and great to taste dish of lobsters then what can be a better substitute of the brown butter risotto with lobster? Let us take a look at its cooking procedure:
- 1 1/2 cups Arborio rice
- 1 pound (about 2 medium) frozen lobster tails, thawed
- 4 1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken stock
- 4 tablespoon butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Boil over medium a saucepan of salted water to high heat. Now, add the lobster tails and boil for 8 to 10 minutes until the shells curl and the lobster meat turns white.
- Drain and transfer the lobsters to a cutting board, and cool for 15 minutes. Now, cut through the top shell lengthwise. After this remove the meat and cut into 1/2-inch pieces and set aside.
- Then, in a medium saucepan, bring the chicken stock to a boil.
- Now, in a large saucepan, melt 3 tablespoons of butter over medium heat. You need to cook until the butter begins to foam and turns brown for about 1 to 1 1/2 minutes. Now, add the onion and cook for about 3 minutes. Next, add the rice and stir to coat with the butter.
- Now you need to add the brandy and simmer until the liquid has almost evaporated for about 3 minutes. Then, add 1/2 cup of stock and stir until almost completely absorbed for about 2 minutes. Continue adding the stock around 1/2 cups at a time. Keep stirring constantly and allowing each addition of stock to absorb before adding the next. Cook until the rice is tender yet quite firm to the bite for about 20 minutes. After removing the heat stir in the Parmesan cheese, the remaining butter and 2 tablespoons chives. Now, season with salt and pepper.
- Finally, transfer the risotto to a large serving bowl. Place the lobster meat on top of the risotto and garnish with the remaining chives. You are all ready to serve your guests with a mouth watering dish of brown butter risotto with lobster. Therefore, serve and get ready for compliments showering in.