|Image Courtesy: bit.ly/12T27pY|
Are you prepping up for a New Year's party? Do you want to make your party really special? Do you want everyone to remember it as they step into the New Year? If yes, then the first thing you need to do is prepare a fabulous menu. Food at a party is extremely important and if your menu is well balanced and the food is tasty then there are chances that your party will be a super hit. If you want to set a fantastic menu it is best that you include a seafood dish in it. You can make, "Creamy Seafood Stuffed Shells".
- 24 uncooked jumbo pasta shells
- 1 ½ cups of grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ of a cup of divided butter
- 1/2 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon of finely chopped green pepper
- 1 lightly beaten egg
- 1 tablespoon of chopped red onion
- 1 (5 ounce) package of frozen, cooked and thawed baby shrimp
- 1 teaspoon of divided butter
- 2 (6 ounces) cans of drained lump crabmeat
- 2 tablespoons of 2% low-fat milk, divided
- 1 ½ teaspoons of seafood seasoning, divided
- ¼ of a cup of mayonnaise
- 4 cups 2% low-fat milk, divided
- ¼ of a teaspoon of pepper
- ¼ of a cup of all-purpose flour
- ¼ of a teaspoon of fresh coarse ground black pepper
To make the dish first cook the pasta according to the directions mentioned on the package. In a skillet, melt 1 teaspoon of butter and sauté the green pepper and onion till they turn tender. Once done, set it aside. Then mix the shrimp, mozzarella cheese, and the crab, two tablespoons of milk, egg, and one teaspoon of the seafood seasoning, the green pepper mixture and pepper, in a large bowl.
Then rinse and dry the pasta and take a rounded tablespoon of the seafood mixture and stuff each shell. Take a 13 inch by 9 inch baking tray, gray it and place the stuffed shells in that. Melt the remaining butter in a small saucepan over medium flame. In this, whisk in coarsely ground pepper and flour. Then gradually add in the milk as you stir it. Bring the mixture to a boil, stir and cook for two minutes or till thick. After which you can stir in the Parmesan cheese.
Pour this mixture over the shells and sprinkle some seafood seasoning. Bake this in the oven at 350 degrees for around 30 minutes or till it is bubbly, with covering it.
If you are looking for seafood recipes to try out, then this is a perfect recipe you can try to make your party brighter and better.