Sea foods do not only taste good but they are also beneficial for the health. Some of the crustaceans like lobster, crab, barnacle and shrimps have different nutritious elements that help the body to fight against certain diseases and health circumstances.
|Image Source: bit.ly/15HDaQ0|
Health Benefits of Shrimps
Shrimps are one of the most consumed crustaceans. They have lots of nutritional facts to help body improve on certain medical conditions. This crustacean food is a great source of antioxidant and astaxanthin, an anti-inflammatory nutrient. According to some food researches, astaxanthin lowers the risk of colon cancer and reduces immune-related problems of diabetes.
If taken in moderate amount, shrimps can add the required amount of selenium in the human body. This antioxidant mineral helps the body to improve on certain heart-related conditions and lowers the chances of heart failure. It also helps fight other cardiovascular diseases, type-2 diabetes and depression. Besides these nutritional factors, shrimps are also rich in protein and peptide support.
Shrimps make truly delectable recipes and usually preferred on the special occasions. If you have grown interested in adding a shrimp recipe in your weekend diet, Cajun Magic can be a wonderful choice to go with. It tastes really yummy and your invited guest list will be bemused after having this recipe.
Here is a list of required ingredients and preparation method of Cajun Magic recipe.
• Butter, 1 cup
• Chopped onion, 1
• Minced clove garlic, 2
• Red pepper, crushed, 1 tsp
• Black pepper, 1 tsp • Thyme, 1/2 tsp
• Rosemary, 1/2 tsp • Oregano, 1/4 tsp
• Worcestshire sauce, 1 tsp
• Chicken broth, 1/2 cup
• Beer, 1/2 cup
• French bread, for dipping
• Cooked white rice, to serve on
• Large shrimp, 1 lb
|Image Source: bit.ly/15zZzOu|
• In a skillet, melt 1/2 of butter and add onion and other ingredients including 1 lb of shrimp.
• Cook for 1 minute by stirring it continually. Now, mix the left over butter and chicken broth.
• Now, keep on cooking for 2 to 5 minutes and stir 1/2 cup of beer in the mixture.
• Continue the cooking process for further 2 minutes or till the time shrimp is completely done.
• Place the skillet on dining table and let your guests serve the yummy delight themselves.
After having a taste of this scrumptious Cajun Magic recipe, guests will leave your place licking their fingers.
However, it is always advised to prepare the recipe with fresh pieces of shrimps. It’s not always easy to find fresh ones from the marketplace, so you can order the desired pieces of this crustacean from the online shops.
To know more about other seafood recipes, including lobster, you can click here.