Seafood is visually elegant and tantalizing in taste. Lobsters are one of the most consumed foods from the sea shore. With subtle taste and nutritional facts, they make a great recipe on special occasions and holidays.
Whether you are connoisseur of delicious aroma or a fitness freak, a lobster recipe keeps your health in check and at the same time produces scrumptious tastes in your mouth. Lobster sea foods contain several vitamins, minerals and Omega 3 fatty acids.
Do you know?
- Omega 3 fatty acids reduce the risk of heart diseases
- Lobsters are high in potassium, iron, zinc, B12, B6, B3, magnesium
- Lobsters are low in fat, calorie and cholesterol
|Image Courtesy: goo.gl/tUUpP|
Now, as you know all the virtues of lobsters, why not try your hand in preparing a magnificent recipe with delectable palate. But before you head towards the marketplace to buy the lobsters, you need to know that a 1 lb (454grams) lobster gives about 1/4 lb (114grams) of lobster meat.
Now that you have bought the required amount of lobsters, time is to prepare a yummy recipe. Barbecued lobster with red pepper and lime butter is a recipe for all seasons. This recipe can be prepared on special occasions to treat family and friends. With an out of the world feel in your mouth, this recipe also stands as per your wishes on all the health grounds.
The barbecued lobster with red pepper and lime butter recipe promises a complete fun on the weekends and special occasions. By keeping the right ingredients and preparation methods in right place, you can prepare a recipe that your loved ones would remember forever.
- Clearwater lobsters, 4
- Oil, 2 tbsp.
- 2 Limes, juice and zest
- Pinch Cayenne pepper
- Juiced Lemon, 1
- Ground black pepper, coarse
- 1 Red bell pepper, roasted, peeled and seeded
- Softened Butter, 1 cup
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Chopped Garlic cloves, 2
- Chopped Fresh chives and coriander, 1 1/4 cup
- Lemon wedges as garnish
- Put a large pot with salted water on boil
- Add lobster for 4 to 6 minutes to get lighten
|Image Courtesy: goo.gl/YTSqX|
- Take out the lobsters and let them cool
- Cut in half, up-side down and detach viscera and crack claws
- Preheat oven to 425 F
- Oil the lobsters and add red pepper
- Put lobsters on a baking sheet and roast them for 15 minutes
- Take out lobsters from oven and let them cool
- Remove the pepper skin and add softened butter, red pepper, zest and lime juices in a mixer and process them together
- Sprinkle salt, pepper and cayenne, to taste and set it aside at room temperature
- Prepare marinade by mixing together olive oil, chives, coriander, garlic, lemon juice and black pepper. Marinade the lobster and let it remain for 20 minutes. Put the lobsters on barbecue grill and keep it there until it turns golden in color. Turn it and apply red pepper and butter.
- Put it on the grill for another 6 to 8 minutes.
- Remove from grill and let it rest for a few minutes before topping it with red pepper and butter.
With this recipe you would realize that lobster is a treat to your tastebuds and health. However, for fresh and live lobster pieces, you can always turn on to the online shops. There are a large number of recipes that you will find in the online lobster stores with which you will be able to treat your health and taste buds as well.