At the end of hectic week, you would like to have a true yummy delight on weekends. The hectic schedules that you had put in throughout the week caused tiredness and to fend it off in just few minutes, taste something of discerning palate. Sea foods have always been a great pick on weekends and holidays, besides people savouring on it on the special occasions.
Factually, lobsters are one of the most outstanding sea foods, known for their succulent taste and nutritious factors. A lobster recipe promising a great taste and complete delight is lobster and fennel stew recipe.
By providing attention to the proper ingredients and preparation method, you may end up preparing a great lobster recipe in your kitchen. Below is a complete idea on how to prepare lobster and fennel stew, a delectable recipe.
|Image Courtesy: goo.gl/p7smg|
· Lobster,1 pound (450 g)
· Shrimp shells, 4 ounces (110 g) (optional)
· Whiskey, 1 tablespoon (optional)
· Sliced leek, 1/2 medium
· Unsweetened coconut milk, 1/2 cup (125 ml)
· Fine sea salt
· Chervil, optional
· Olive oil, 1 tablespoon, plus more for drizzling
· Thyme, 2 sprigs
· Unsalted butter, 1 1/2 tablespoons
· Sliced fennel bulb, 1/2 small
· Heavy cream, 1/2 cup (125 ml)
· Put 2 cups of water in a small pot and bring it to boil
· Mix the lobster in boiling water and let it cook for five minutes
· Take the half cooked lobster meat out from the water and let it cool, Keep the water in reserve
· Separate the shell from meat, keep shells in reserve
· Cut the meat into pieces
· Add olive oil, reserved lobster shells, shrimp shells and thyme in a separate pot and put it over medium high heat
· Blend it till the time shells start getting roast
· Mix whiskey and cook it till the time alcohol evaporates
· Put reserved liquid and simmer it
· Approximately 8 minutes of cooking reduces a great amount of liquid
· Take another medium sized pot and put it over medium heat
· Mix leeks, fennel, butter and salt
· 3 to 5 minutes of cooking makes the lobster tender
· Cook for almost one more minute
· Add salt and pepper, to taste
· Serve the recipe with chervil and drizzle of olive oil
This is a true yummy delight can be included on parties and other occasions. However, to prepare a finger-licking recipe, you might need fresh and live lobsters. On some of the online shops, you can find the fresh pieces to prepare scrumptious lobster recipes and organize a feast for your friends and loved ones.