Tuesday 19 February 2013

A Lavish Seafood Treat for Mom Who Means the World



I have never questioned myself on whether my mother has given me every happiness of life; simply because I am alive because of her and she has gifted me an entire life and taught me to be who I am today. I owe everything to my dear mother. She has given me birth and is my sole support even if I am busy with work. 

Whenever I sit and recollect my childhood memories, I see so many things she has given me; so many times she has saved me and so many moments she has stood by me. I am proud to be her daughter because she is my guardian angel. 

This mother’s day I am thinking of gifting her something special. No, I can’t afford a beach trip, neither can I afford a luxury dinner for four at a 5 star restaurant; all I can do is to prepare some great food that will taste as good as those served in eateries.  

Now, that I am her little girl, it is quite obvious of me to know her tastes. Yes, she loves to hog on seafood and loves it more when prepared at home. 

So, this Mother’s day I will add a sentimental touch to the luscious dinner menu. Considering her emotional nature, she might as well shed a tear or two to find out that I have taken the initiative to prepare for her a grand lobster dinner on Mothers day.  Now, I have a recipe and I am going to share it with daughters from across the world, who loves their mother like no one else. 

This one is called baked and stuffed lobster. Here it is for you Mom:
Image Courtesy: goo.gl/WShJG
  • Unsalted butter, 8 tbsp (extra 3 tbsp for brushing)
  • Coarsely chopped onion, 2 tbsp
  • Tarragon leaves picked and chopped coarsely, 2 tbsp
  • Italian Parsley leaved picked and chopped, 2 tbsp
  • Shrimps shelled, 4 oz
  • Black pepper (freshly ground)
  • Kosher salt
  • Hand-picked live Maine lobsters, 2
  • Crackers, 3 oz
Preheat an oven to around 425°F. Firstly take a medium skillet and heat it over medium flame. Now, melt 8 tbsp of butter. Next, add onion and cook them till they turn tender and brown. Add the parsley and tarragon and stir them well. Add the shrimps and cook the herby mixture. Keep the mixture aside and let it cool. Season the mixture with pepper and salt. 

Now, take a cleaver to half lobsters lengthwise. Eliminate the intestine and head sac and remove tomalley along with the roe. Next, crack each claw on one side. Season lobster meat with pepper and salt and then on a roasting pan place lobster halves. 

After this, add crumbled crackers with mixture and then stuff lobsters with mixture. Stuff lobsters tightly to avoid coming-off. Next, brush lobsters with butter or olive oil and bake them till the stuffing turns crispy golden in color. 



Enlarge this document in a new window
Publishing Software from YUDU

No comments:

Post a Comment