|Image Courtesy: http://goo.gl/8Bf1g|
Lobster dishes are really tasty and easy to make. If you have guests over at your place, make sure that you cook food that will satiate their palate. One easy lobster dish is Avocado Lobster Rolls. For this dish you will require:
- 1 chopped small red onion
- 4 buns (hot dog or any other type)
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of hot sauce (any favorite)
- 2 ripe, peeled and de-pitted avocados
- ½ a pound of cooked and roughly chopped lobster meat
- Pepper and salt
To make the dish first open up the buns and toast them slightly. Then, cut the ripe avocado and remove the seed. Scoop out the flesh from the skin and put it in a bowl. Mash up the avocado using the backside of a spoon or fork. To this add, hot sauce, red onion, lemon juice, pepper and salt. Adjust the seasoning till it is perfect. Then add the lobster meat and fold in properly till it is properly mixed up. To enjoy the dish, stuff the buns with this filling and serve with fries and a cool drink.
If you want to make a lobster dinner for an extraordinary celebration but do not have too much time to cook up a storm, you can make loaded lobster rolls.
For this dish all you will require is:
- 2 tablespoon of mayonnaise
- 2, one pound, lobsters
- 2 tablespoons of crème fraiche
- Juice of one lemon
- 3 tablespoons of shallots, diced
- 2 tablespoons of chives, chopped
- 1 pitted, halved and peeled avocado, diced
- 2 tablespoons of parsley leaves, chopped
- 8 slices of bacon, fried crisp and crumbled
- 4 split brioche rolls
- Freshly and coarsely ground black pepper and salt
To make this scrumptious dish first pre-heat the oven to 400°F. Then take a large pot and bring about two gallons on salt water to a boil on high flame. To this add the lobsters and boil them for about eight minutes. After draining them you must quickly put them in an ice bath for shock. Once they are cool, remove the claws, knuckles and tail from the body. Take the meat out of the tail and put aside. Remove meat from the claws and knuckles by cracking them open. Once all the meat has been taken out of the shells, rinse it and dice it up, after this put the meat in a bowl.
Add the crème fraishe, mayonnaise, lemon juice, parsley, chives, bacon, avocado, pepper and salt. Cover this mixture and refrigerate properly. Before assembling the sandwich, toast the brioche rolls lightly, and fill each roll with a liberal amount of stuffing.