Friday 22 March 2013

Simple yet Yummy Seafood Ideas for You



Image Courtesy:http://goo.gl/MZxRV
Seafood was never my cup of tea until Mom had asked me to prepare some of them. Oh no!! I was so disgusted with these slimy sea-creatures that I had to directly refuse her. She started scolding me and had said that there was no way to escape the horror. Horror? Now, many of you must be thinking that I am some kind of a crazy person who has little knowledge about seafood and how they tend to taste. 

Actually I admit of being little crazy at that point of time. Well!! This was mainly because I was bit inclined towards beef, bacon and turkey… I had tried them in the kitchen but had rarely handled lobsters, crabs, shrimps, prawns, mussels and clams. 

Now, let us come to the point where my culinary experience with seafood had begun. I was busy obeying mom’s instructions and later on when I completed my cooking I had to taste them. Guess what? I had once again discovered my culinary skills. 

Yes, today, I kind of proclaim myself a good chef, especially when it comes to cooking exciting seafood recipes. Actually it’s not only me; even you can enliven your culinary experience with seafood recipes. Here I am going to share with you a couple of interesting recipes that are worth a try: 

Cajun Magic

Okay this is absolutely a wonderful shrimp recipe you are going to relish; you might try it for your weekend dinner. 
  •  Butter, 1 cup
  •   Minced garlic cloves, 2
  •   Chopped onion, 1
  • Black pepper, 1 tsp
  • Crushed red pepper, 1 tsp
  • Rosemary, ½ tsp
  •  Thyme, ½ tsp
  • Worcestershire sauce, 1 tsp
  • Beer, ½ cup
  • Chicken broth, ½ cup
  • Large shrimps, 1lb
  • Cooked rice

Take a skillet and melt ½ the amount of butter in it. Excepting chicken broth, add other ingredients to the skillet along with onion and shrimps. Stir constantly while you cook for a minute. Now, add chicken broth and remaining butter into the skillet. Take 2-5 minute of time to cook. Stir in the beer and continue cooking until, the shrimps are done. Now, serve Cajun shrimp with rice. 

Garlic white mussels 

This simple to cook recipe tastes yummy
  • Chicken stock, ½ cup
  • White wine, 1 cup
  • Parsley for flavor
  • Garlic, 4 cloves
  • Mussels, 2lb
Mix all ingredients together and bring them to a boil. Now, add mussels and cover the skillet. Boil for about 4-6 minutes until the shells open.

No comments:

Post a Comment